Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President and First Lady Obama














I have enjoyed following the innaugural events of the day. I only get good vibes from President Obama. He talked of the responsibility of the nation being on all citizens. I believe this so strongly. It isn't right that people blame one man, such as President Bush, for the state of the nation. Obama has a big task at hand and I have no doubt he has the best intentions for our nation. I believe the nation is still under the direction of God who loves us and knows of our struggles. I also am so grateful for a country where an African-American can lead. There is no other place on earth that the events and outcome of this election could have unfolded as they have.




And how great is it that Obama has such a beautiful, devoted, gifted wife at his side. I have a great admiration for Michelle. I love to see what she will be wearing at the next event and especially loved the pale gold outfit she wore today. It reminded me of Jackie Kennedy. The green shoes and gloves tickle me...my favorite color. She will be a great mentor to women and girls of our nation. She seems to balance career and family with such grace. I hope for the best for her and her family as they embark on this new adventure in their lives. My prayers will continue for our nation's president and other leaders.

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely, HOPEFUL post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire Michelle Obama too. But I thought she looked cold in her outfit. Do you think it had some wool content? I hope so. Lovely, yes. But oh so cold. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not so sure about his financial policy but I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt. I am hopeful he will be able to bring Congress together because I feel that is where the REAL problems lie.

    ReplyDelete