Wednesday, January 14, 2009

These Boots Were Made For Walking...











And that is just what we'll do. I have recently committed myself (Ha! Yeah, maybe I should be committed!) to join my friend on her hikes. The goal is to hike the Wellsville Cone in Sept. We are starting out slow and easy. Today we "walked" up Green Canyon. It was only about 25 degrees in the sun! It was so fun. I loved having a captive audience to chat with. It was just the three of us and three very busy dogs. I wore my big ol' heavy snow boots hoping not only for warm/happy feet but all that extra weight to lug around should help tone something! Not only was the canyon sparkley and beautiful, but we were up out of the inversion in the clean air. On the way back down the trail we could see the Wellsvilles. It was an awesome symbol of our ulitmate goal to be active and healthy. I came home famished and the dogs are exhausted. Both are still napping in the sunshine on the front porch!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job! I am excited to get healthier this year too. Maybe we can help each other stay committed!

    ReplyDelete