Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Signs of Spring


I love spring. I love flowers, birds singing, pastel colors, and little baby animals. However, this is the reality of spring at our house. MUD. Lots of mud. We are surrounded by farm land. Beautiful lovely fields. We have a pond. The neighbors have a pond. There is a canal at the edge of our property. There are just too many, irresistible opportunities for mud. This year is a particularly wet spring too. G came in the other night with mud up to his knees and only 1 shoe on. When I asked him where his shoe was, he simply replied "It's buried in the swamp. It's too deep. I can't find it." In case you are wondering, yes, these are school shoes. With any luck that little shoe will take sprout and grow a shoe tree so we can keep our kids' feet covered.

1 comment:

  1. When you figure out how to clone said shoe tree, can you please tell it that I need a boy's size 3, and then send it over to my house? Thanks!

    :) I'll take the mud over snow any day!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete