Monday, March 30, 2009

Whatever The "Case" May Be




I wanted to share this fun craft idea. These little cases are made from snack-size zipper baggies and a dollar store potholder. Just position the bags in the center. You will want to overlap the ends about 1/2 inch in the center of what you want to be the inside of the potholder. I alternate baggies, one on the left, then one that opens to the right. I have found 8 baggies to be about the max you should sew in. The biggest trick is to line up the baggies then not have them slip as you sew. I used a pin on each end (start and stop point) where the seam will be. Be patient with this process then straight stitch and voila! Sew a fun button to close with the loop. (Make sure to get potholders with the loop in the center. I have seen them on the corner and that doesn't work!) I used 2 of the cases to pack my jewelry for my trip to Germany. I made one for each of the girls going on the trip too. They make a great 1st aid kit for your car, or coupons...Whatever the case may be!!! This would be a great compliment to Missy's placemat bags!

2 comments:

  1. These are soooo cute. I love it. I've never seen them before. Great idea. I'll have to make some. Love that they're thrifty, too.

    Hope you have a fun and safe trip to Germany. I'll look forward to seeing pictures. Tcheuss! (I think that means goodbye.My mother in law is part German, she's fluent. Her and my husband always say tcheuss when they're getting off the phone with each other)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gonna have to try it. Its a much nicer size then what my girls like to carry their trinkets around in. And it looks quick and easy. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete