Sunday, December 21, 2008

Being Together is the Best Place to Be




We are so blessed to have oodles of friends and family hanging around this time of year. Of course, Grammy is here from Germany. (Yipee!) This year we also have my brother's 4-year old son staying with us. He is so delightful! His smile lights up the room. Our good friends came over from Wyoming last night. We enjoy their visits so much. This year they made Ragu, their son's special recipe from his mission to Italy. It is spaghetti sauce with big chunks of sausage, mushrooms, olives, zuchini and carrots. We ate soooo much! We always have tons of chocolate treats and this year was no exception. One of my favorites is a cookie that Grammy brings from Germany. It is called Lebkuchen and it has no flour in it. It is made entirely of ground nuts with lots of spices. I eat it for breakfast with a mug of hot cider or cocoa. Sehr Gut! Our Wyoming friend brought homemade chocolates that were to die for...especially the almond joy. I think I am overdosing on food!

2 comments:

  1. I want you to be my neigbor-won't you please? I am glad that you are enjoying your Mom and family. I am feeling homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so fun to visit your blog and see what cute photos and happenings you've posted. Wish I had your photography skills. Sigh. Maybe you could give them to me next year as a Christmas present? How about it? And I'll give you my . . . Hmmmm. . . I can burp on demand. Wanna learn how? I'd call that a fair trade! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete